Sunday, February 13, 2011

World Cup significant moment for Pakistan – Shoaib Akhtar

Shoaib Akhtar
Shoaib Akhtar has called the World Cup his last, claimed it to be the significant moment of Pakistan Cricket. Shoaib avowed that he wanted to stay fit throughout, and end the tournament with the trophy in hand. Shoaib said in Dhaka that World Cup is twilight for my career and it is very special for me playing in the sub-continent's World Cup. My personal target is to play each match and to win the World Cup. Evidently, there is huge difference between being 26 & 36 but I am still bowling with at least 140 kph easily. Shoaib also described Pakistan side dangerous, the most balancing. We need to win at any cost, the team requirements a situation, and what better situation than the World Cup. I believe this is a defining moment for Pakistan cricket. I urge Mohammad Amir was playing right now. I would have retired easily but it is not happening. I want people to realize that still, very honorable people play for our country.
On the field, Shoaib said that Pakistan's talent to swing the new and old ball both ways is their strong point. The main advantage for us is reverse swing, that's where I think Pakistan team's potential lies. We have the best mixture of reverse swing and new-ball fast bowlers. I think we can manage to put it out right. The 2009 World Twenty20 triumph was perfect for the situation at the time in Pakistan, but Shoaib firmly believed that if they can do the job again this time, it could provide the people back home with more than just heroes or a trophy. Pakistan needs to win this World Cup to bring back cricket to Pakistan, the charm back to the country. People of Pakistan are missing cricket; they are dying to watch players from all over the world playing against Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment