Sunday, February 20, 2011

I have no plans regarding double century - Sehwag

Virender Sehwag
Virender Sehwag might have thought for long batting in World Cup campaign but at Mirpur, he assured for his plans. Sehwag said in a press conference, "I am happy that at least once in my career I have batted 47 over." Actually I had plans to carry bat through out the innings but I could not do that, hopefully, I will achieve it in coming games."
These kinds of comments came at the presentation ceremony, where he said,"Everyone did well other than Sreesanth." He also said this was rancor match after India's defeat to Bangladesh in 2007 World Cup, something not many like to admit. He also admitted that Bangladesh is not good enough in Test side but they can compete in 50-over format matches, despite today, they could not."
When asked to him regarding the mix-up of Sachin Tendulkar, which resulted in the latter's run out of Tendulkar, He said, "we discussed that we will take it easy on singles," " He was calling, and I was not listening, and I was looking at the ball, so result is that mix-up and run out of Tendulkar, it was my mistake. In Christchurch, in 2009, when Tendulkar retired hurt on 163 at the end of the 45th over, Sehwag told him he had missed out on a double-century. At 175 in the 47th over, Sehwag said he himself didn't feel of that spot.
There was extolling for the other centurion, Virat Kohli, and not just void praise, but analytical appreciation. "Whenever we spoke in the middle, we told each other to not heave our wickets away. I still remember against Pakistan in the Champions Trophy [in Centurion, in 2009], he was playing well, but he played a shot straight to long-off. After that he has scored six hundreds. Sometimes a little jolt is enough for some people. He is a quick learner, and a mature batsman."

No comments:

Post a Comment